Family Law matters can be highly emotional, stressful, and complex matters. You want an attorney that is sensitive to your needs and concerns, but can also aggressively represent your rights. Ric Woodward has sensitively and aggressively represented clients with similar matters since 1991.
- I provide highly-personalized care and attention to your case. I promptly and personally respond to ALL emails and phone calls. If you need me, you will reach me.
- Preparation is the KEY to knowledge! Going to Court, or going to Mediation, requires preparation, so that you know our game plan for success. I prepare your case alongside YOU, so that you will fully understand what you will face.
- Understanding your choices. Litigation can be VERY expensive. Sometimes it makes sense to spend the extra money, but most of the time spending the extra money is NOT a cost-effective guarantee of success in your case! I help you understand your options and the cost of those options, and then YOU decide on your options. I FIGHT only when it is NECESSARY to FIGHT to protect your rights!
- Anticipating outcomes. I have learned, by litigating cases just like YOURS, what outcome you might expect on the various issues that make up your case.
- Understanding the rules of combat. A family law case is a complex matter. To succeed, YOU must understand the RULES OF COMBAT, including the rules of evidence, rules of procedure and rules of courtroom decorum. I am fully trained and experienced in the RULES OF COMBAT, and I share that knowledge with YOU.
Ric Woodward has been a resident of Brevard County since moving here from Pennsylvania in 1983, right out of college.
Ric started in Wendy’s management from 1983 until going to law school in 1988.
Ric attended the University of Florida College of Law from 1988 through 1990, graduated, and returned home to Brevard County. Ric took the Florida Bar exam in April 1991, and passed the test on the first attempt.
The Honorable John Antoon swore Ric in to practice law in April, 1991, and Ric worked for the next five years with the firm Bross, McCall and Mitchell, before leaving in January, 1996, to start the Law Office of Ric Woodward.
Since opening his own practice, Ric began to focus on practicing Family Law-related matters, and has continually practiced in this area ever since.
Ric is involved currently in the Brevard County Bar Association, and has, in the past, been involved with American Inns of Court, and a local collaborative law group. Ric has served on the Board of Directors for the Yellow Umbrella organization.
Ric enjoys spending his free time with family and friends. Ric enjoys the Florida Gators, college sports, playing disc golf and reading.